“Hard Anodize has always been ready for the challenge and has provided exceptional service and Quality”
– Aerospace Manufacture
Delivering superior quality & customer service for over 20 years!
At the core of Hard Anodize, Inc. (HAI) is its commitment to outstanding customer service. By understanding the needs of its customers and the science behind the anodizing process, HAI has been delivering superior quality finishes since 1995.
Serving many different industries dictates logistical convenience and room to handle the variety of anodizing processes our customers need. HAI utilizes an 18,000 sq. ft. facility located in Edina, MN, next to major freeways for ease of access.
You can trust Hard Anodize, Inc.
We are NQA certified (ISO 9001:2015) and Nadcap accredited – a global cooperative accreditation program for aerospace engineering, defense and related industries.
In addition, HAI has been approved by the following partners:
Cirrus Aircraft | Goodrich | Lockheed Martin | Parker | Rosemount Aerospace | UTC Aerospace Systems
HAI provides the anodizing services you need!
For more than 20 years, Hard Anodizing, Inc. has been exceeding customer expectations by offering the type of quality anodizing services that your industry requires.
Anodizing a commonly specified finish for aluminum machined parts.
Most anodizing on machined parts are of two specified types:
Type II (or "regular") sulfuric anodizing
Type III Hard Anodize or "hard" sulfuric anodizing.
Hard Anodize, Inc. has four Type III Hard Anodize tanks and two Type II Anodize tanks. In addition, HAI offers a Conversion Coating, or Chem Film Line, a thinner coat which provides an excellent base primer for paints.
Capacity (Width x Depth x Length):
• Hard Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 3, Working Size - 40”x55”x164” (13'6")
• Hard Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 3, Sealed, Working Size –
• Sulfuric Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2, Working Size –
• Thin Sulfuric Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2B, Working Size –
• Black Dye, Working Size – 27”x45 x164” (13'6")
• Chemical Conversion Mil-DTL-5541 Type 1 and Mil-C-5541,
Working Size – 27”x45 x164” (13'6")
• Hard Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 3, Class 1 Clear/Natural.
• Hard Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2, Class 2 Black.
• Sulfuric Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2, Class 1, Clear/Natural.
• Sulfuric Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2, Class 2, Black.
• Sulfuric Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2, Class 2, Color Dye Setup Available.
• Thin Sulfuric Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2B, Class 1, Clear/Natural.
• Thin Sulfuric Anodize per Mil-A-8625 Type 2B, Class 2, Black.
• Mil-DTL-5541 Type 1, Class 1A, and/or Class 3.
• Mil-DTL-5541 Type 2, Rohs/Reach, Class 1A, and/or Class 3.
• Mil-C-5541, Class 1A and /or Class 3.
• Plug Masking.
• Precision Masking as required with any of the above finishes.
• Teflon Impregnation – AMS-2482, Mil-A-63576
• All finishes can be NADCAP Certified
• Aircraft- Private/Military/Commercial
• Percussion Instruments
• Mass Transit
• Laser Components
• General Manufacturing –
Machined and Sheet Metal Components
Put us to the test! Call for a free quote.
During our normal office hours (7:30-4:30 CST), we promise, you’ll get a real person on the phone! (Outside of these hours your call is still important and we’ll do our best to answer.)
5650 Lincoln Dr.
Edina, MN. 55436
5650 Lincoln Drive
Edina, MN. 55436
Copyright © Hard Anodize, Inc. 2019